Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing Nineteen

I had a blast looking at some of these recommended sites. I actually had to force myself to stop and get back to work. I'm very familiar with WebJunction thanks to NEFLIN, but all the others were brand new to me. If the site had me register before I even knew anything about it, I moved on to another one. Not that I have a problem registering for something I'm interested in; I just want to know more about it before I commit. I love love loved BakeSpace.com!! (OK, that's the one I had to quit looking at to get to a meeting on time.) I plan on registering, but I was able to find all kinds of neat things without even doing so. I got a killer recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cake. What's not to love about a site that gives you that?! Can't wait to share BakeSpace with my teenage daughter, a Mario Batali groupie. I also visited OpenSourceFood, which has changed its name to a hipper Nibbledish. It was fine, but not as easy or fun as the BakeSpace. Still worth visiting again. And, because I work in a library, I felt compelled to visit GoodReads. It stressed me out (not really) seeing how many books I want to read and haven't yet. I liked the quotes that kept popping up on the homepage, too.

From this Thing I learned there are lots of fun and helpful social networking sites out there. I also learned that this paperwork on my desk isn't going to take care of itself on its own!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Babette, the founder of BakeSpace. Thank you for all your kind words. Please let me know if you need any help finding more recipes. We have several members on the site that "specialize" in a particular method or ingredient who would love to share recipes with you and your daughter. Thanks again! You made my day. :) - Babette @bakespace

    P.s. I know Otis (founder of GoodReads) and he does have a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun that Babette from BakeSpace read my blog entry about her site! That is so cool! If you're reading this, and haven't visited BakeSpace yet, go there right now! I mean it :)

    ReplyDelete