Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thing Twenty-two

At the beginning of 23 Things, I remember thinking that it was long time until mid-April and the end of this adventure. Well, we're almost there, and it's been really fun and really useful. Time well spent.

I've been able to keep up with the assignments by simply adding the next "thing" to my list (yes, a piece of paper, not electronic!) of things to do for the day. That way I don't forget or let something else take its place. Now that I won't have a specific assignment or a due date, I'll have to stay more self-motivated to keep up with Library 2.0 tools. Friday afternoons seem like a good time for this because I'm winding down for the week and ready for something different. I plan on making a notation on Friday afternoons on my calendar (again, paper) that says "Library 2.0" and then use that time to explore. Then I'll want to actually do hands-on stuff because that's how I learn.

I admit that it may be challenging to do this. Currently I don't work in public services, so the knowledge is really for me, not to use with patrons. But, who knows where my next stop will be career-wise, so I gotta stay sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment